Safety Is Our #1 Goal™
Approved K9 training facilities
Our focus on safety has been going on for years, but it took initial shape in 2009 when we launched our “Safety Through Education & Personal Responsibility” campaign” campaign, targeted towards incoming UW students. Soon after, we migrated to a series of fire-safety messages that would be of value to our storage customers moving in and out of new residences. We then sought out other safety messages to impact other facets of our customers’ lives. That body of work can be found on our safety and resources page. Please feel free to share any these safety messages with those you care about dearly.
Freeway Service Vehicle Sponsor
We are proud to sponsor “Beltline Bob” Freeway Truck Service Program, operated by the Dane County Sheriff in conjunction with the Wis DOT. Equipped with a changeable message sign the vehicle assists motorists free of charge assisting stranded motorists, operating, on USH 12-18 from Interstate 39 - 90 to Old Sauk Road.
Recipient of 2016 Sheriff’s Citizen Award
On Thursday, May 19, 2016 Sheriff Dave J. Mahoney presents to AppleWood Storage’s owner the Sheriff’s Citizens Award, in recognition for Applewood’s support the Beltline Freeway Service Vehicle.
Madison Mounted Supporter
Net is, We Care
- We’re picky about whom we rent to (vs. the "being full at all cost" approach) rent and have access to units.
- We provide Guardian Cylinder locks for customers to use during their stay. See lock video or lock PDF.
- Facilities in the City of Madison (not rural sites) for full police and fire protection.
- Storage units highly visible from the road
- In safe neighborhoods. (Police and Fire Training Centers very close by)
- Red blinking security cameras – on 24/7!
- Approved K9 dog-training facilities, City of Madison, Dane County Sheriff, K9 SOS.
- Even our lawn mowing is done by a retired Dane County Sheriff!
- Meet with city officials to stay aware of public trends.
In the Media – Kudos to Our Safety Programs
College Student “Prevention Through Education & Personal Responsibility” Program
January 21, 2009 - Fire Department Press Release
Announcing Our Sponsorship of “Beltline Bob” Dane County Sheriff’s Freeway Vehicle
Dane County Sheriff Freeway Service Vehicle Unveiled